Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trying New Things: The Last 3 Days

So...it has come to this...

...The last 3 days of my month of new things.  Is it just me, or did this month fly by?  The other day Mindy said "How is it November already?!"  And I said "Because we just skipped right from August to November.  October really didn't happen."

Except it did.  In a major kind of way.  I did LOTS of things in October.  Here are the last 3 days.



Monday, October 29

Buying furniture from work.  Two years ago we had to close down a campus.  And it is very complicated to explain why we are just now getting around to dealing with a lot of the stuff from that campus, but we are.  So I bought some things.

Like this chair.  And another one just like it.  I have plans to re-upholster them.  (Another new thing!)


Those drawers go to a huge, heavy desk I bought.  We are trying to figure out how to get it into the house.  It is too heavy for the two of us, and it will be a tight squeeze through the door.


I also go this shelf.  I'm going to store games on it...after I dust it off :)

And I got a bookshelf.

So I got 2 chairs, 2 shelving units, and one desk for $45.  Not too shabby.  Not that they are the nicest or most stylish, or have the most character, but they meet the needs we have now.

Tuesday, October 30

I came into work yesterday morning and started to plot out how to accomplish the 15 (literally) things I wanted to get done at work yesterday and today.  Then Mindy came in with a bunch of bags, and said "I come bearing gifts...to help soften the blow.  JoAnn needs you to do payroll."



Tuesday's new thing: spur of the moment payroll!  All on my own.  Things not set up nice and neat and ready for me.  Good thing Mindy brought donuts and pop to fuel me! (Seriously, I think I have consumed more sugar in the last 5 days than in the entire 5 weeks prior.  And that's saying something!) Also a good thing the Lord answers my prayer and gives me what I need to get through.  

I think everyone is getting paid...I guess we will find out on Friday!

Side Note:  Have you tried Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash?  I think it's a seasonal item that comes out around the holidays.  I LOVE IT.  A lot of people mix cranberry juice and lemon-lime soda to make punch, but this is like pre-mixed punch.  It's so good.  Mindy's the best.

Wednesday, October 31

I really wanted to end the month with a bang, so my new thing for today...(drumroll please)...

refried beans on my breakfast burrito.

Whaaat?  You don't always do that?

No, I don't.  But the burritos in Albuquerque have beans on them (not quite refried beans...more like, just beans.  I have got to figure out how to make beans like that) and the breakfast burritos in Albuquerque are amazing.  I mean, they are The Breakfast Burritos.



So we were having breakfast burritos for dinner, and we have a little bit of leftover beans in the fridge (we always do), so I smeared some on my tortilla.  It was ok, but I left them off of my next tortilla.  It just wasn't the same as the ones in New Mexico.  Sigh.

Also, I was asked to vote by a trick-or-treater.  He came as a voting booth, and when we gave him his candy, he said "Republican or Democrat?" because he had two holes cut in the box he was wearing and wondered what hole to put the candy in.  Tim and I stuttered and sputtered for a second, and then I handed him another bag of skittles and said "Why don't we do one of each."

I can't wait for this election to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment