Monday, October 8, 2012

Trying New Things: Days 5-8

So apparently, trying new things all weekend (and hanging out with your lil' sis who lives way too far away), can keep you kinda busy.  I tried lots of new things this weekend.  I will do my best to summarize.

Let's start at the beginning, shall we?  Well, at least let's rewind to Thursday night.  Not long after I finished my new workout, Mandy and Kevan arrived.



Hi guys!  Kevan is her bf (remember... you met him here?), and is 6'7".  Also, he's Awesome (that's awesome with a capital A).  We stayed up late chatting and waiting for laundry, then turned in.  Sadly, Kevan had to leave in the morning.  Happily, Mandy got to stay.  Let the games begin!  

We started our weekend by going back to bed :)

Later that day, Sapphire stopped by. She was home for the weekend, and came over to see Mandy and help me with my Friday New Thing-- trimming Toby's claws.  



Since Sapphire's in vet tech school, she's basically a professional at this, which is good.  Unfortunately, she did not have professional help.






When restraining a dogburt on a table, it is very important that you "heave your bosom" over them to help control them.




Poor guy... it was a rough day.



This is the part where I tried trimming.  Maybe it didn't go so well.  I told Sapphire that she could take over again, since I had tried it.  She was only willing to do it if we muzzled him (since I'm not a very professional restrainer).





He wasn't so happy with us.



By the time we called it quits, we trimmed 4 nails before he had had enough.  And we had had enough.  Update:  He has since forgiven me for subjecting him to this "torture" and is currently snuggling with my on the couch with his head on my lap as I type this.

Saturday Mandy and I had a list of hopes and dreams to accomplish that was about as long as my arm, so we had to multitask.

We went with Tim to the compost to cut logs for firewood, which involved a whole lot of waiting,  But we had a workout we needed to do.  So we created our own "Lumber Jane Workout."  Allow Mandy to demonstrate.


 Step ups.
 Press outs..


Bicep curls.




The possibilities are endless!  It was actually a really good workout.   Other options:  lifting and moving large logs into a pick up.  That was Tim's preferred workout.




Sunday I had to take Mandy back to Kevan, and I got to meet his family.  So I met some new (very kind!) people.  I also went somewhere I had never gone before.




I had such a good time with Mandy... she's so great.  I was sad to see her go, but at least I get to see her at Thanksgiving!  

Today's new thing?  Well...  It's not something I recommend.

Backing into a basketball hoop.  With the car that you and your husband both love.  It doesn't make for a very happy either of you.

But I have a forgiving husband, and for that I am super-grateful.

Maybe tomorrow I will try something a little safer... and less destructive.

No comments:

Post a Comment