Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Trying New Things: Days 11-16

I thought I was all smart 'n stuff since I chose a busy month with lots of new activities as my Month of New Things.  And--I'm not gonna lie--it was a pretty good move.  I don't have to dream up as many new things when I already have a sister visit, two trips, and two new clubs scheduled for this month.

But that doesn't leave a whole lotta time for writing about all of these new things.  So I'm going to play catch-up... again.  Here are my new things for the past 6 days...


Thursday, October 11


Nothing too wild today.  My local library didn't have our first book for book club, so I went to the library in Town Near Work, since they had it.  New library, new library card...I'm a new woman.


Friday, October 12


We flew to Albuquerque to visit my sister and meet up with my parents.  I ate at a place in Albuquerque I've never been to called O'Neills.  I had an turkey sandwich that was allegedly some of the best "Albuquerque Turkey" in town.  Turkey sandwich with green chiles.  Yum.  (In case you haven't been there, EVERYTHING in Albuquerque comes with green chiles.  And it is a delicious, beautiful thing.)






Saturday, October 13.


This is probably the biggest and best new thing BY FAR this month.  BALLOON FIESTA!  If you've never gone to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, put it on your bucket list, stat.   Yes, photos are amazing, but they pale in comparison to experiencing it in really life.  It is UN.REAL. to be so totally surrounded by so many hot air balloons inflating and taking off.  I'm talking hundreds.  As in, like, 500.

Obviously this trip to Albuquerque deserves a whole post in and of itself, so when I work through the 1400 pictures we took over the weekend, maybe I can break.it.down. for you a little more and whip up a little travel guide a la Stephanie.  But (in case you head to Albuquerque before I get around to doing that), I will just say that my sister, Kelly, is the hostess with the mostess, and she can sure show you a good time.  She's so great...

Sister, I love you, and I'm so glad we got to come!  Thank you for taking care of us and making us get up to see the balloons!  It was totally worth it!




Sunday, October 14.



Honestly, I don't think I did anything new (oops).  But I had so many new experiences already this weekend, that I think it more than made up for Sunday.


Monday, October 15.


I held little Miss Emily Heath for the first time!  She was born October 5th, so we brought her parent (our friends) a meal last night and we got to meet her.  She's a pretty sweet little girl!  Usually I don't feel very comfortable holding itty-bitties, but she was a good one!  Congratulations, Nic & Noemi!  I hope big brother Elijah adjusts to a new person in the house soon :)


Tuesday, October 16.


BUNCO CLUB!  This is Part 2 of our plan to meet new people and have more fun (read about Part 1 here) --- and it definitely worked!  We had a great time tonight eating food and laughing!  8 women + games + food = good time guaranteed.  Especially when you make sure to invite fun people.  Which we did.  It was such a blast.  THANKS FOR COMING LADIES!


It's been a fun month so far, but right now I feel like my new thing for tomorrow should be getting to bed before 8 pm. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment