Saturday, September 4, 2010

Spinach Salad

In the spirit of healthy recipes, and because I planted some spinach in my garden yesterday, I give you...


SPINACH SALAD
1/2 lb spinach
1 c thin biased-cut celery
2 T chopped green onions
1 can (11 oz) mandarin oranges, drained

Dressing:
1/4 c vegetable oil
2 T white vinegar
1 t salt
dash of tobasco
2 T sugar
1 T snipped parsley
1/4 t black pepper

Stir 1/4 c sliced almonds and 4 t sugar constantly over medium heat, until they JUST START to turn brown.  Remove from heat and continue to stir to ensure they don't burn.  This will happen very suddenly, so watch carefully.

Add dressing and almonds to veggies/oranges when serving.

I have had a couple of people tell me "I don't usually like salads, but I like this one."  Its just that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment