Sunday, September 19, 2010

"for special"

I remember growing up my mom would sometimes buy special foods or snacks because she got a good deal on it.  We would beg her to be able to eat these foods, but she would tell us we should save it for "something special"  such as company or a day off of school or a vacation.


I tend to do the same thing with favorite clothing.  I hesitate to wear a favorite outfit just any plain old day of the week, because I should save it "for special" such as a meeting or event.

While there is something to be said for this method of utilizing resources, I find that I get so caught up in saving something "for special" that "special" never comes, and the food goes bad or I never wear that favorite shirt.

So I've decided to stop doing it.

I am going to wear what I want to wear when I want to wear it (within required dress codes).  If I have a craving for a "special" food, and the energy to make it, I will make it, even if its just Tim and I eating it.
I think those "special" events are going to be special no matter what.  And why not make ordinary moments special?  
Furthermore, when I do end up wearing those special clothes for special events, I feel uncomfortable and can't relax because they aren't my usual clothes.  If I had been wearing that outfit to work on a regular basis than I could feel like myself at these specials event and enjoy them.

That's my theory... for now anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment