Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Results: A Weight-Loss Update

I just wanted to give you all the "official" results of my 30 day weight loss project.

I lost an inch in my waist.

I gained a pound.  But I think it was mostly muscle because I am a lot stronger now.  I can actually do "real" push-ups, and the other day I ran a mile without really thinking much about it.

It feels good to be stronger and in better shape.  If anyone out there needs some conditioning or would like to jump-start their weight-loss I would highly recommend Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred, or any of her other workout DVD's.  She's tough, and you need to do it CONSISTENTLY-- don't skip more than one day-- but she gets the job done in a realistic time for most people's schedule.

Now I start my training for Living History Farms Race-- the largest off road race in the country.  Its 7 miles of hilly, muddy, cold, crazy fun.  I did it with Katie last year, and I said I wouldn't do it again unless my sisters did it with me.  I am doing it again, but I don't think my sisters are going to make it.  Katie can be very persuasive.  Especially considering that I HATE running.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment