Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Old School

After a thought I had two days ago, and I question my mom asked me yesterday, when I came home from work yesterday, Tim and I immediately began digging through our college textbooks, which were among other boxes of memories.


I was looking for a particular book (which I did not find), but found so many other notes and books I had forgotten about.  Physics (even though it was painful), Spanish (with my Korean professor, Dr. Chin Chang),  Cell Biology (remember when I wanted to be a doctor?  that class cured me of it pretty quickly), Bible (I wish I had taken better notes), Historic Christian Belief (I wish I could FIND my notes), Contemporary Christian Thought, and probably my favorite class in college-- Abstract Algebra.  Be still my beating heart.  That was such a good class.

It was exciting to look back on all that I had (supposedly) learned.  I am glad I kept a lot of stuff, because I still like to look back on it.  I can tell that Taylor was successful with the integration of faith and learning when I dig up notes from math, biology, and physics for reference with ideas I have for Sunday school or to answer questions about my faith and the Bible.

Thank you, God, for allowing me to go to Taylor.   Thank you Taylor, for the person you have helped shape me into.

Even though I'm still paying for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment