Tuesday, August 24, 2010

30 days

Because I just want to get rid of that last pesky 10 (ok, 15) pounds.
Because my "weight loss journey" has been going on for about 2 years and its taken me that long to loose 15 pounds.
Because I want those khakis I bought at the Lands End clearance sale to fit a little more comfortably.
Because I want to wear all of those clothes I have been keeping around for "when I loose weight."
Because I want to have a healthy BMI and not be classified as overweight.
Because I want to be healthy in general.
Because if I carry around extra weight I am destined to develop plantar faciitis.
Because my friend Lexi is working really hard and meeting her weight loss goals (40 pounds already-- congrats Lexi, I am SO PROUD of you!)
Because I need to get in better shape before I train for the Living History Farms Race.
Because I want to get in the habit of exercising.
Because it relieves stress and helps stabilize moods... making me a better wife, friend, employee, daughter, etc.
Because I want to be a more attractive wife for my extremely attractive husband.
Because I need to develop discipline in my life and be committed to working hard at something.
Because God wants me to take care of my body.
Because its only 30 minutes a day, and I get in cardio AND strength.
Because I just got the DVD from Laura today.
Because I want to.

Today I started my mission to do Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred for 30 days straight.  My hope is that I loose 10 pounds in the month that I do it.

I don't want to share my starting weight with everyone so I will share my starting waist measurement because
1) Its probably my smallest measurement
2) Its the most likely to change :)

Starting Waist Measurement: 30.5 inches
Starting Date: August 24, 2010

I guess it will probably work better if I try to eat healthy...er for these 30 days too, huh?  Well, after I share the two chocolately dessert recipes with you that I have been wanting to share (they are kind of time sensitive... kind of) I will try to only share healthy...ish recipes for the next 30 days.

Hopefully when I check back in in 30 days I will be 10 pound lighter, which means a dress size smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment