Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I Heart Lands End

It was far, it was hot, and it was intense, but it was SO WORTH IT!




The day after Tim and I got back from Christmas in July, I got up early, picked up Jenn, and drove 3 hours, back over the Mississippi to Dodgeville, WI for the Lands End Warehouse Clearance Event.  Notice this is not just a sale, this is an EVENT.  Jenn informed me that it was a week long event, and we were going on the last day which had the BEST bargains.  It was in an open air building:



I started looking through the clothes and checking out the prices.  While $9.99 and $14.99 were pretty good prices for LandsEnd pants, I wasn't super impressed and started to wonder if the gas for the drive was worth it.  Then a man came on the loudspeaker...


Man:  Welcome to the LandsEnd Warehouse Clearance Event.  Just a reminder that today everything in the pavilion is 75% off the lowest ticketed price...
Me (to myself):  Did he just say 75% off the lowest ticketed price?
Man:  Yes, you heard that right, that's 75% off the lowest ticketed price!


A-mazing.


We were handed trash bags as we walked in to serve as our "shopping cart."  We got so tired of carrying around our heavy bags that we were just dragging them on the floor.  Then the hangers started to poke through.  I stood in one spot and took these 3 pictures to try to capture the enormity.




After hours of rifling through clothing and shoes, trying on about 50 articles of clothing and twenty pairs of shoes I was done. We went to the register to see what the damage was.  Even though it was the last day of the week long "event" the cashier could not believe the bargains I had crammed into my trash bag and eventually walked away with.  Here's the loot:


2 polos
3 long-sleeve t-shirts
4 long-sleeve button-up shirts
1 sweater
3 pairs of khakis
2 pairs of yoga pants             
Total: $63.24
Total Savings: $325.06

I think this needs to be an annual tradition...




No comments:

Post a Comment