Monday, August 1, 2011

Lands End Roundup

Today was a big day... one I have been looking forward to all year, in fact!  My sister, Kelly, flew in for a family wedding this weekend, then today we drove 3 hours to the Lands End Warehouse Clearance Event, an event that I first attended last year and that has forever changed my life.


Kelly was completely awestruck at the deals, and I was not disappointed, either.  It was the last day of a 6 day sale, and the discounts were as deep as the Mariana Trench.  All items on the racks were ticketed at catalog clearance price, which is up to 75% percent off the original price.  In addition to that, everything is discounted an additional 75% today.  Yesterday everything was only 50% off the ticketed price.

So here's what I got.  (I am going to try to get Kelly to guest post about her steals... she walked away with a lot of stuff).


11 articles of clothing.  Let's break this down, shall we?

First of all, 2 pairs of khaki pants for Tim.  They were a total shot in the dark, but a cheap shot in the dark at $3.63 a pair.  One of them fits, the others are too short. Aw shucks, we're out $3.63.

I got these shirts for Mandy.


White short sleeved blouse, purple long-sleeved t-shirt, and 3 long sleeved blouses.

And for me...


Short sleeved blouse, short sleeved t-shirt, super-cute navy cardigan, and long-sleeved t-shirt.

So, to summarize...

2 pairs pants
2 long sleeved t-shirts
1 short sleeved t-shirt
1 cardigan sweater
2 short sleeved button-ups
3 long sleeved button-ups

And the total is...$49, even!  Not too shabby!

Who wants to come next year?  I see a girls weekend in the making...

1 comment:

  1. I may not be the girl you have in mind, but i gotta come with you one of these times!!!! Missing you and Tim!

    ReplyDelete