Wednesday, August 31, 2011

everyday life

It feels like we have had a lot going on lately, but nothing in particular.  When people ask how things are going, I say we are busy, but can't really explain why.  I feel like I can't keep up with my house, but I'm not sure what I am doing instead.

Have you ever had one of those seasons in life?

We're having fun, but we're getting worn out, and life kinda feels boring, yet it won't stop changing.  I feel like I am wanting my life to be more normal, yet I am looking for excitement and something different.

We really do have a lot going on right now, I just don't feel like writing an in-depth post about any of the half dozen projects we have our hands in.  So I will just share a little bit of this and that.


We (and by "we" I mean Tim) started into the mess-of-a-project-that-has-to-happen called "the basement."  He tore out part of a wall.  Just part of it though.  We have to tear out part of the wall so we can put a jack there so we can reinforce the joist so we can...tear out the wall.  It sort of feels like circular reasoning.  But to quote that commercial "it makes sense if you don't think about it."


The tearing-out-the-wall-day was a busy one for Jynx, too.  This was her, later that night.  Totally passed out.  She worked hard.


I made these sticky buns.  And they were very, very good (if I do say so myself).  I sorta combined three recipes of deliciousness into one.


The next day, Jynx was back at work, helping us get a joist through this window in the basement.  She was indispensable to the project, I assure you.  We also had to call in Katie for back-up.  She's the best.  I made the sticky buns to thank her.

The other day Layla wrote about a home improvement project, and spoke of "uncomfortably intense moments" at their house.  I am so glad she acknowledged these moments.  I feel like home improvement blogs often make things look too neat and tidy, like projects just magically happen and every step goes smoothly as planned, and that it is a wonderful experience that brings couples together and helps them grow in their love for each other as they look at what they accomplished together.  NOT SO at the Taylor house!  There are a lot of messes, problems, obstacles, methods that don't work, and things that go wrong.  And DEFINITELY intense moments.  I know this happens for everyone else, too, but it is easy to think that things are better for other people.  After all, the grass is greener over there.

But in the end, I am sure it brings the two of us together somehow...probably.  And maybe all of my swooning at Tim ("you're so strooooong") counts for something?


Tim left at the butt crack of dawn the next day for DC.  He was there for the quake, but didn't feel it, because he was riding in a car.  They started to wonder why people were pouring out of buildings.  They finally asked someone and found out about the earthquake.


Did you know the reflecting pool had a leak?  They are fixing it.

That's all for now, folks.  Maybe more details on projects someday soon.  Thanks for hanging in there with me and reading my blog!  I love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. You have the most delightful insights and thoughts to share. Thanks for making such a wonderful event out of your blog and sharing about life at the Taylors. You guys are fun.

    ReplyDelete