Thursday, August 18, 2011

Guest Post: Kelly on Lands End

I am very excited to share with you my first "guest post" today.  I am not really sure the purpose of guest posting other than the fact that you don't have to write it, but I wanted this one  so Kelly could share her perspective on the Lands End Experience...and talk you all into joining us next year. :)  


Thanks, Sister, for sharing, and helping me to feel like I have a "real" blog! 

Here's what she had to say...

"When approaching the Lands End Year End Clearance Event, its important to remember a couple of things.


  1. It's very exciting. Be prepared. Don't think, "Oh, there might not be anything in my size, there might not be anything good left." Prepare to be excited, because that way you can think more rationally, not just run around like a crazy person screaming in your head "so many good deals!!!!!!!!". I bought two belts, but failed to look at the size. Small and large. Helpful.
  2. Be prepared to learn about yourself. Stephanie has always been the shoe person of our family.  When I got to the shoe section of the sale, I fell apart. I seriously would have bought 8 pairs of shoes (at $5 a pair who wouldn't?!?!?!), but I talked myself off the ledge and only bought four.
  3. Maybe pay attention to what you put in your bag. Otherwise, you might end up with all of the same thing. Or same color. Like blue.
  4. Wear your game face, and game clothes. I hadn't sweat that much since hot yoga.

All told, I purchased two belts, a dress for work, three nice sweaters, three long sleeved no-iron dress shirts, two short sleeved dress shirts, and four pairs of shoes. I forgot one pair at work so its not in the picture. The original price tag on my items was $555. I paid $93."





"Do it." 

1 comment:

  1. I would LOVE to go to this event...if only it were 5 states closer. Looks like you both did very well! Thanks for the guest post, Kelly! :)

    ReplyDelete