Sunday, August 7, 2011

Crash Hot Potatoes

I have been a little bit obsessed with this recipe this summer, and rightfully so.  It is tasty AND healthy...ish.  And who else would I get it from than Pioneer Woman?  Yes, she has one or two recipes that could be considered "healthy."


My step-by-step photos are not quite as good as Pioneer Woman's, but I won't improve unless I keep on practicing.  So you will just have to endure the development of my photography skills.

Put some olive oil on a baking sheet so your taters don't stick.



Boil some taters (skins and all) until just tender.



Drain 'em.


Put them on the baking sheet.



And smash them a little bit.  If your potato masher is like PW's, then you are good to go, but mine is not.  I am thinking about purchasing one like hers, but I tend to think long and hard before I buy (or ask for) any new kitchen gadget, because space is limited, and I want my life to be simple, not complicated.




I purchased this guy from a Pampered Chef party-- the Chop and Stir.  I heard it was wonderful for cooking hamburger.  It's not.  Don't buy it.  


I tried using this for my potatoes, and it worked ok.  PW says you could probably use the bottom of a glass, but I really like the texture, because it gets crispy/ crunchy.




The key is to be very gentle, so that it doesn't completely fall apart.  Just push gently and wait for it...wait for it..




Done!




Spray it with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and seasoning.




Then bake them until they start to get crispy.  It's that easy, folks.



It's a healthy way to get your potato fix.  And they go great with grilled stuffs.

Here's the link: Crash Hot Potatoes.

In other news, did you know Pioneer Woman has a show coming on Food Network?  Needless to say, I'm a little bit excited.  I might even be mean enough to drag Tim out of bed the first Saturday and make him watch it with me.  Here are the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment