Sunday, January 15, 2012

World Problems = Solved

VERY IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: When I refer to world problems I mean problems in the Taylor home, not real world problems.  We will discuss real world problems another day.

Those of you who know me well know that I get REALLY EXCITED about very little things.  I almost fall out of my chair with just telling someone I have something exciting to tell them.  I can hardly get a grip enough to tell them what the exciting news actually is.  And then once I say "it's not really exciting... I promise.  It's so stupid..." then I finally get to the point and tell them I have had an epiphany and FINALLY understand how to Complete the dang Square.  (True story!  I finally understand this.  It's really so simple... why did I struggle so much with this in high school?)


All that to say, I am very excited to share some silly little things with you.  So here we go.

1.)  I haven't done a theme week in quite awhile, but I have been planning and plotting for this one because it involves a food very near and dear to my heart.   Ladies and gentlemen, I am so excited to announce that this week will be OATMEAL WEEK here at Dinkin' Around!  Are you excited?  Are you surprised?

Here are a few sneak peaks at what lie in the days ahead:




Since I have only met one person who loves oatmeal with the love that I do, I told Bert that he could share this little song with you, in which he refers to oatmeal





Thanks Bert!  That was a fun trip down memory lane.  For more giggles, watch this one.  My favorite line of the song?  "He's the boogie-woogie-bugle-duck of Sesame Street!"


But I digress.  On to exciting thing number two!!


2.)  There are a few world problems (see disclaimer at the top) that we have in this house.


One time I asked Tim, "What are some things that make me frustrated?"  We were not fighting... I was just trying to gain more insight about myself.  He said "I think you get really frustrated when you feel like you are not being understood."  So true.  He's a wise one, that Tim.  Often I am trying to explain something to him, and I can't find the words to describe what is in my head.  A small piece of paper and a pen are not sufficient to map out my mind.


My drawing skills are horrible.  I need to work on them.


In the past 6ish months we have invited some smaller people into our home for various reasons.  To be honest, I was hesitant to do so, because I thought that our house would be incredibly boring for them.  After all, we are just two grown-ups with 3 dogs and not very many toys.  How boring is that?  However, we have been encouraged (and mystified) at the rave reviews these toddlers and preschoolers have given our home.


"This house is a lot of fun."  - James, 5 years
"I want to stay here forever." -Kyan, 3(?) years


We do not yet understand why these children find our house so entertaining (we have some theories), but the fact is that they do.  And maybe we have let it go to our heads.  So...I can neither confirm nor deny that we are on a mission to make our house more exciting than Disney World.  At least until these children have the opportunity to go to Disney World.  Then it's all over.


We like to play games, and we like to keep score.  And we like to remember scores.  And who won.  We may or may not be competitive at this house.


We need more space for to-do lists, grocery lists, and notes like "Buy Katie Sequence Dice for her birthday."  This note posted in our home for Katie to see for approximately six months.  She was SO surprised when she opened her birthday gift and found that it was Sequence Dice.


Ladies and gentlemen, these problems have been solved!  I present to you...


THE WHITE BOARD




Basically, what it means is this.


Plenty of room for lists and notes.
Plenty of room for scores and record boards.
Game on, Disney World.
I can practice drawing, since it is such an essential life skill.
And most importantly, now we can...




After Tim saw my attempt at drawing (see below) he graciously digitally adapted one of my favorite memes, just for me.  What a guy!






First thing tomorrow, I am going straight to Staples to get a HUGE pack of dry-erase markers so I can draw with ALL the colors!

1 comment:

  1. ...and this is why you two are SO PERFECT for each other and we love you both so much!!!

    ReplyDelete