Thursday, January 19, 2012

Oatmeal Week: Peanut Butter Fingers

Apparently Oatmeal Week is happening nation-wide!  Rachel in Colorado beat me to the punch with her pineapple granola recipe on Tuesday, and Devan in North Carolina shared Whipped Banana Oats yesterday, which I can't wait to try!


Tonight's recipe is still in the oven, but based on a few licks... I think it's going to be quite tasty :)  My maternal grandma had this recipe for peanut butter bars, but my mom couldn't find it.  She said this one looks pretty close.

I never met my Grandma (she passed away long before I was born), but rumor has it that she was a pretty amazing lady.  Thinking about meeting her is one of the things that makes me most homesick for heaven.

So, this recipe is special to me and I hope that you enjoy it!

PEANUT BUTTER FINGERS
  • 1/2 c margarine (I used butter)
  • 1/2 c sugar
  • 1/2 c brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/3 c peanut butter
  • 1/2 tsp soda
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 c flour
  • 1 c oatmeal
  • 1-1 1/2 c chocolate chips

Cream together margarine, sugar, brown sugar, egg, salt, peanut butter, soda, and vanilla.  Stir in flour and oatmeal.  Spread in greased 9 x 13 inch pan.  Bake 20-25 minutes in 350 degree oven.  Remove from oven and sprinkle chips over while hot.


Mom likes to spread the chocolate chips once they get melty, but I like to leave mine as is.


You know how there are those blogs where they make delicious food, style it perfectly, and take awesome pictures?

This isn't one of those blogs.  

I was so impatient that I dug right in as soon as the chips looked glossy.  Obviously it is still warm... and crumbly.  And these are SO GOOD warm.  You know what else?  They are really good cold, too.

And while we're on the topic of peanut butter...I think a peanut butter week sounds like a great idea!  I will have to look into this...

No comments:

Post a Comment