Monday, July 25, 2011

thoughtful things I'm thankful for

21.  My dad always remembers to leave the cheese off of one or two burgers for me.
22. Tim gave me the chapstick that he got for free from a vendor because he knew I would love it

23.  My mom gave me the best pair of navy blue slippers when I was in high school.  They felt like "little clouds from heaven underneath my feet"* since she brought them home in the throughs of track season.
24. Grandmom remembers I drink coffee
25. Jenn opens my eyes to the existence of the Lands End Warehouse Clearance Event
26. Mindy brought me vanilla when she went to Mexico.
27.  Laura gave me a cookie scoop for my birthday.
28. Char gave me those cute measuring cups because she knows I love to bake and (I quote) "they were a little silly, so they made me think of you."
29. Patty gave me the boot vase because she knows I love my rainboots
30. My mother in law gets me rain boots and Tevas for birthdays--- just what I wanted!
31. Aunt Lynette sends me a card with shoes on it, because she thinks of me (have you noticed a shoe theme going on here?)
32. Aunt Lynette also remembers my love for candy canes
33. Tim gets me awesome gifts like Thoughly Modern Millie (on DVD!) and stickers for my sticker chart "just because"
34. Peg remembers that I don't like mushrooms and olives on my pizza
35. Kim put a card in my mailbox at church so I got a card for my birthday, too

 "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all cirumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Do not put out the Spirit's fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil."   I Thessalonians 5:16-22

 "The quenching of the Spirit is connected to the command to 'in everything give thanks.' 'Always giving thanks' is a result of being 'filled with the Spirit.'" ~Pastor Bob Kosbau



Here's the second sermon in Pastor Bob's series on gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment