Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday Thankfulness

"Ingratitude, we find in scripture is one of those especially noxious sins to God, as He will reveal His wrath against those who choose not to give thanks to Him and to honor Him...If God had His list of noxious sins, that you as a believer, or me as a believer could be written up for if we chose to put up with one in our life, ingratitude would be on His list.  Its noxious."~Pastor Bob Kosbau



I am thankful for...
  1. rainy days
  2. dogs sleeping on blankets
  3. the gift from my mother of 2 gallons of raspberries
  4. blooming zinnias
  5. the sound of the filter running in the fish tank
  6. cucumbers
  7. air conditioning
  8. sleeping in
  9. a quiet home
  10. clean socks
  11. cheesy breadsticks (all to myself :)
  12. dog kisses
  13. "Tomorrow is a fresh day with no mistakes in it yet." ~ Anne Shirley
  14. the grace of being raised in a Christian home
  15. soap
  16. safe travels for my husband
  17. God's redemption of my ugly messes
  18. a church that is rooted in scripture
  19. coworkers that love and support me
  20. comfy couches
This is the first in a series of 3 sermons on gratitude my pastor did over the holiday season.  It was a very timely series, and I listen to them when I am disconent or feeling down.

No comments:

Post a Comment