Thursday, June 16, 2011

what I wore today (30 day photo challenge)


The photo challenge for today is "what I wore today."

This is what I wore today.


Although this picture is probably a better picture of my week... and life.


My favorite shirt, and my faded navy capris.  Yes, I did go to my office job today where I am expected to look somewhat professional and presentable.  And yes, I did wear this.  And my dirty tennis shoes.  And I didn't really even do my hair.  I think when Denny saw me walk through the door he almost said "What happened to you?"  But he caught himself, just in time.


I can explain.


I had a date...with Debbie...in archives.  


I work in an office building that I think is older than my house... no, seriously!  Our archives are upstairs in the attic... the dusty, buggy, hot attic.  Debbie and I had some cleaning and rearranging to do, and that meant sweat, dust, sweat, bugs, sweat, dirt, and did I mention sweat?  It was pretty nasty.  Why wear nice clothes?


Furthermore, our big annual fancy-schmancy golf tournament was today, so most of the bosses in the building were down there, leaving just 7 of us in the office.  


That also meant that anyone semi-important who might happen to come into the office that we would need to be concerned with dressing appropriately to impress was at the golf tournament also.


And, just in case anyone important did happen to stop in, I was hiding in the attic.


So it was safe.


But back to the pictures.


Mr. Tico decided to be naughty and come in the room, jump on the bed, and start a stunt show.  Apparently I am not allowed to take pictures because it diverts too much attention away from him.


Bonkers.  The kid is totally bonkers.


"Did you get it?  Did you you get my double-reverse barrel roll?"

"Yes Tico.  Get off the bed.  Now"

No comments:

Post a Comment