Saturday, June 25, 2011

photo challenge day 11: something blue

A brief re-cap for those just joining us: I am participating in this 30 day photo challenge.  I blame it on Kim and Chelsea.


White Peach Photo


Today's "assignment" is "something blue."




This is my new hydrangea bush.  I know that it looks a little more "blue and brown" than blue.  I know that I need to deadhead or remove "spent blooms" or whatever.  I will add it to my list of things I need to do that I haven't gotten around to yet.





The blooms were blue when I purchased it, and they are still blooming blue.  I am pretty impressed because soil in this part of the country is very basic, and it is very difficult to get blue blooms, because that requires acidic soil.  I haven't added anything to the soil to change the ph, and its still cranking out blue ones.  But they are a pretty pale blue... almost white.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if there isn't any blue left by the end of the season.  I will just enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment