Friday, March 16, 2012

Peanut Butter Week: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies



I had a friend in college that would make these cookies all the time.  I would be working the front desk in the dorm, and what a blessed sight it would be to see Angela peek around the corner with a plate of cookies!



Sapphire was over last Friday, so we gave them a try.  It makes a small (read: reasonable) size batch, and I was mostly making them to take pictures, so this worked out perfectly.

GLUTEN FREE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
1 egg
1 soda
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 c sugar
1 c peanut butter

Mix together.  Drop onto parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes.


Why hello there, ingredients...


...in the bowl you go...


Mix!


I didn't have parchment paper, so we sprayed the pan.  It worked just fine.




Insert chocolate as desired.

Of course, we had to taste the cookies while they were warm... and they were so delicious!  Normally, I don't like peanut butter cookies (I know, it makes no sense), but these are good.  I think its because the peanut putter isn't as diluted.  But these are definitely soft-and-gooey cookies, not sturdy cookies.  I was thinking of using this recipe as the crust for the Peanut Butter Slide Pie, but after this test run I decided not to, because there is no way it would hold up as a pie crust.

After Sapphire and I tasted our cookies, we left the pan on the table to cool and went in the kitchen (Sapphire actually stayed in the doorway) while I started dinner.  We thought we were supervising the dogs closely and we both could have sworn the dogs were in the kitchen with us the whole time, but when we went back into the breakfast nook, we found this...


There were 12 cookies to start with.  I ate one.  Sapphire at one.  There should be 10 left.

I think it was Tico.  Toby isn't that quiet when he gets up on the table.  Of course whoever it was made sure to eat the chocolate ones first.

It kinda reminds me of this situation.

So that didn't really leave any cookies for Tim, who was due home any minute.  Luckily, I had made 4 "peanut butter cup" editions that were cooling on the stove, away from the dogs reach...


They didn't last long...

1 comment:

  1. The pictures turned out nicely! Too bad we didn't get more cookies.

    ReplyDelete