Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Meme Day 22: Yo Dawg

Yo Dawg is similar to Inception in the sense that it's things inside of things.


Like a pool table inside of a pool inside of a pool.  It's called "Yo Dawg" because of that guy in the bottom corner - Xzibit, some rapper and also the guy on Pimp My Ride.  He's good at putting strange things in cars, and I guess it kind of came out of that.  I'm not really sure how it made that leap, but it did somehow.  Anywho, it started off with captions like, "Yo dawg, I herd you like (thing), so I put an (thing) in your (thing) so you can (do something) while you (do something)."  Yes, "heard" is spelled "herd" on purpose.  That might be a little confusing, so here's an example of the original form:


Most are just references back to this original form - you fill in the recursion yourself.













Aaaand for the kicker.  While looking for pictures for this post, I got this error:


P.S. I snuck in a Star Trek reference.  Anyone get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment