Sunday, January 2, 2011

A List

  • I hope that everyone had a great time over the holidays.  I did!  We had a great time with Tim's family in Michigan and spent New Year's Eve with some families from church.
  • I love my in-laws.
  • I love my church.
  • We insulated our house during the month of December.  More details on that later.
  • I don't recommend tackling home improvement projects during the holidays.  Unless you have to get it done by the end of the year to get a 30% tax credit.  But even then, plan ahead a little more.
  • I am coming to grips with the fact that I have an addiction to sugar.  I don't want to be addicted.  So I'm going on the South Beach Diet (sort of) starting tomorrow.  It begins with 2-3 weeks of no carbs at all (even fruit!!) to break your addiction to sugar.  This will be a good thing for me.  Then you slowly introduce healthy carbs back in to your diet.
  • I am choosing to look at this South Beach Diet thing as more of a life experience rather than a diet.  You know how when you eat too much sugar, you feel really "yehl" and fuzzy? (I know you all know what I am talking about, because we all just celebrated Christmas).  I want to see what life feels like without the sugar cloud.  I'll let you know :)
  • I made two Christmas presents this year.  They were a lot of work, but turned out well.  I will share pictures of those later.
  • I'm not really into goals or resolutions, but I do have some things I would like to strive for in the New Year:
    • Live healthier (eat better, more exercise, more sleep, less stress)
    • Get my house more organized and keep it clean
    • Improve our home, especially by painting
  • We are going to Albuquerque to visit my sister.  I am excited.
  • Katie and I are going on a road trip down south to celebrate her 30th birthday.  I am excited.
  • We are going to Florida this winter to visit Tim's grandparents.  I think we might go to Disneyworld.  I am excited.
  • My friend Beth is pregnant!!! Please keep her in your prayers as she is not very far along, and it has been a very long, very trying, very expensive road to get pregnant.
I think that's all for now, folks.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog!  I appreciate everyone of you and I love that people take an interest in what's going on in my life.

I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment