Saturday, November 27, 2010

Interview with: Tweetums

Name: Amanda
Nicknames: Mandy, Manna-Toes, Tweetums, Mandark, Mandacious, Bonecrusher
Age:22
Occupation: Actuary






Stephanie: One of your notable physical charteristics is your height.  You are 6 feet tall.  What's the view like from up there?
Mandy: Its fabulous, refreshing, and awe-inspiring, and convenient when reaching things,  yet inconvenient when shopping for pants.

Stephanie: You are a big supporter of Christmas Spirit day.  How did it become a part of your life and what does it mean to you today?
Mandy: My sister and I were in jazz band in high school and we would practice Christmas music all fall.  Practices were on Thursday morning and my sister, (you, Stephanie, founder of Christmas Spirit day) would be put in the Christmas Spirit all day.  And so we started Christmas Spirit day, where you where red and green and wish people a HAPPY CHRISTMAS SPIRIT DAY and generally spread the Christmas cheer.  Since this happens to be one of the best ideas in the past quarter century, I took it and ran and now Christmas Spirit day is the shining moment of my week, every week.  It means happiness and joy, Christmas music and cookies, and goodwil towards men.  Every Thursday, starting in September or October.  It also means I'm hated by my coworkers every Thursday, but we're working on that.

Stephanie: Running cross country for Taylor placed you in a group called the Maddawgs.  Who are these girls?  What makes them so special?
Mandy: You really expect me to answser this in a short time?!  The Maddawgs are THE BEST team in all of sports.  I do not think there is a greater group of girls in existence.  The Maddawgs are the girls cross country team.  We run, we bark, we run, we sing songs and dress crazy while we run, we fellowship, and we run, and we race.  The Maddawgs are special because-- BAHHHHH-- because they are so loving and accepting, and they are a collection of very different girls who come together for a common cause- that is to glorify Christ through running.  Ruff, ruff!





Stephanie: What types of things reduce you to a puddle?
Mandy:  Not fair!!! Not, fair.  This is classified information.  I am a very cold-hearted, not sensitive or emotional person.  Therefore, I am puddle proof with a minor exception...I may or may not be absolutely helpless when I hear men singing well... in groups....like men's chorus.

Stephanie: What is your favorite thing you have ever baked?
Mandy: Easy!!  That would be harsher punishment for parole violators, Stan.  Just kidding.  Umm...I would have to say....apple pie with my sister Stephanie on Thanksgiving morning.  Only it doesn't really have a lot of competition because it was only the second pie I have ever baked.

Stephanie: What are the 5 greatest movies of all time?
Mandy:
1. Princess Diaries 2
2. Princess Bride
3. The Sound of Music
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Newsies (see question about puddle)

Stephanie:What do you do for a living?  Do you enjoy it?
Mandy: I work as an associate actuarial technician.  And I like it for now, at least.  Its a good job. 



Stephanie:  You are notorious for drinking other people's water.  Why do you do this?
Mandy:  I drink SO MUCH WATER in my life, its ridiculous.  So, not only am I thirsty all the time, which leads me to drink other people's water, but I also drink my own water too fast, so it doesn't get time for the ice to get the water cold, so it gets the perspiration around the sides and looks delicous.  I drink my water before it gets to that point, so it never looks like that, so I drink other people's water when it looks like that. 
Dad:  You need to stop drinking other people's water!
Mandy: Ok, you see that mug (of water) in the corner?  Doesn't it look so delicous?  My water never looks like that!  I drink the water so fast, it looks like I just pulled the ice out of the freezer.  AND I only drink family member's water.

Stephanie: What is your favorite Bible verse?
Mandy: (Gasps)  Oh no!!  I should have one of these!  Its in Ephesians, I think.  I really love, like, every doxology.  I don't know if that counts. 
Ephesians 3:17-18
"...And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ..."

Stephanie: I understand that you have a fear of sponteous combustion.  Please tell me more about that.
Mandy: I'm not sure I fear it, I just expect it, when I get my diploma.  It stems from my lack of a future, but that's a different story.

Stephanie: What are 3 songs that have had an impact on your life?
Mandy:
1. The Doxology in the Mennonite Hymnal (#606)
2. Listen to Your Heart
3. A Whole New World
4. The Pick-Up Line Song


Stephanie: What do you want to do with your life?
Mandy: A) Glorify God. B) Make a fortune working in Chicago for 5 years, then use that money to travel the world and rescue the children from the brothels, then start an orphanage in Nebraska on a farm, then go to the Olympics in race walking.

Stephanie: What are 10 things you are thankful for this holiday season?
Mandy:
1.  God's grace
2. My family
3. Christmas Spirit Day
4. The end of the weight-loss challenge
5. Ping Pong
6. Guys singing
7. Candy corn & peanuts
8. Apple pie
9. My job
10. My apartment

Stephanie:What was your favorite math class in college?
Mandy: Calc I... it was the easiest.

Stephanie: How do you feel about Nebraska joining the Big 10?
Mandy: I'm... really excited.  Because I live in Lansing, and I hope they play Michigan State in East Lansing.  But I'm frustrated that they are in the same part as Michigan and not Ohio State.  I think Nebraska should be with Ohio State and not Michigan.  Wouldn't that be SO COOL if they came to East Lansing and I could watch them?

Stephanie: Ok, now its time for the fire round... Sweet or Salty?
Mandy: Both.

Stephanie: Beach or mountains?
Mandy: Mountains.

Stephanie: City or country?
Mandy: City for the first 5 years, then country (see life plans).

Stephanie: East Coast or West Coast?
Mandy:  West.

Stephanie: Nebraska or Michigan?
Mandy: Nebraska.





Stephanie: Thanks, Mandy.  I know that was rough.  In closing, I think what most readers would be interested to know is what is your favorite food at the Thanksgiving table?
Mandy: Mashed po-tatoes!



No comments:

Post a Comment