Thursday, November 25, 2010

Interview with: Sister

Name: Kelly
Nicknames: Kelly Michelle, Sister
Age: twenty-something (no... really!)
Occupation: Staff engineer



Stephanie: Your technical job title is "staff engineer."  What does that mean?  Tell me what you really do.
Kelly: Staff engineer means that I do what the real engineers tell me to do.  I run around and they say "do this and do that", and I say "ok."

Stephanie:  Rumor on the street is that you are among "the best and the brightest."  How does it feel to be among the intellectually elite?
Kelly: Umm...(laughs)... mostly how I feel about this is that I would like to smack whoever made up the phrase "the best and the brightest."  That is how I feel about this matter.

Stephanie:  What are 5 things you love about living in New Mexico?
Kelly:
1. Balloon Fiesta
2. the sunshine
3. green chile
4. mountains
5. the diversity

Stephanie:  I understand that you like to travel.  Where have you been?
Kelly: Mexico, Greece, oh Canada!, Guatemala, Argentina, Chile, Belize, Bolivia.

Stephanie: You seem to gravitate toward Latin American countries.  Do you speak Spanish?
Kelly: Not as much as I did a year ago, but enough to get myself around and figure out some things. 



Stephanie: Do you remember when we were in high school we kept our "life savings" in the ashtray of Greg (the '88 Taurus) and we would stop at Wendy's after youth group and get french fries and frosties?
Kelly: And Krispy Kremes!! We would buy Krispy Kremes at that gas station!

Stephanie: Your master's degree was in civil engineering with an emphasis in water resource engineering.  What does this mean?
Kelly: Ummm...so, there are lots of different types of civil engineers.  You DO NOT want me to build a bridge for you.  However, when the zombie apocalypse happens, I can tell you how to purify your water.  I am also trained in storm water management and waste water treatment.

Stephanie:  So that explains why you are so fascinated with water treatment facilities.
Kelly: Yes.

Stephanie: What are your hopes and dreams for your future?
Kelly: I want to get my engineering license.  And I don't want my life to have been a waste.  That's about all I can offer you right now.

Stephanie: What's your favorite color?

Kelly: Uh blue... NO!  Right now purple.

Stephanie: What advice would you give to other older sisters out there?

Kelly: Don't beat up on your little brothers... they WILL CHANGE.

Stephanie: What is your favorite thanksgiving dish?
Kelly: Pumpkin pie.

Stephanie: What are 10 things you are thankful for this holiday season?
Kelly:
1. my family
2. my job
3. my community group
4. all of my basic needs are met
5. chocolate
6. books
7. fires (in fireplaces)
8. mountains
9. coffee
10. Nebraska football

Stephanie: Speaking of NE football, what are your thought on them joining the Big 10?
Kelly: I am still conflicted... but I'm for it.

Stephanie: If you could go on vacation anywhere, where would you go?
Kelly: Argentina

Stephanie: What is your favorite Bible verse?
Kelly: It is definitely not "to whom much is given much is required." It would be Zephaniah 3:17.


Stephanie: What's a good book your have read recently?
Kelly: Mennonite  in a Little Black Dress.  I forget who wrote it, but she is hilarious.  The book is a riot.

Stephanie: Are there any other hobbies or interests you have that we have not discussed?
Kelly: Uh...yes!  Engineers Without Borders, salsa dancing, baking, throwing parties, hiking, camping, READING MY SISTER'S BLOG.  That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. I loved learning more about your sisters...what great questions:). I also happen to love your new haircut!!! Can't wait to see it in person in less than a month!!!! I love you:)

    ReplyDelete