Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Stream of Consciousness

I've been trying to spend my season of free-time (Mindy yells at me when I say "unemployment") to spend lots of time with friends before we leave for 7-14 weeks.





It has been wonderful.  I don't know how I ever had time to work before!  Steve and Amy and the kids came over on Saturday.  Their kids love Tim.  When they see me, they're like "Oh, hi Stephanie.  Where's Tim?"


---




I accidentally made some chocolate butterscotch ganache on Sunday.  I was trying to melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together to top scotcheroos, and it kind of (ok, definitely) seized up.  I had some heavy whipping cream in the fridge, so I tried to add a splash.

You know how the fat in the cream solidifies into a chunk in your whipping cream when it's in the fridge?  Well, when I added my "splash" that chunk came barreling out and brought a whole lot of liquid with it.  Melting this into the seized chocolate/ butterscotch resulted in a lovely ganache that was not in any way suitable to top the scotcheroos that needed to be done 10 minutes ago.

So we at naked scotcheroos (maybe not worth it), and now I have this ganache.  And I'm trying to eat healthier...a goal that may not go very well with ganache.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Has this ever happened to you?

----

I'm listening to this song right now.


It's kind of my song for our car.  Kind of.  Don't read too much into that.



We took it back to the shop last night.  The clutch is kinda-sorta-not-really working, and the battery is bad.  So...yeah.

Also, that song really makes me want a piano.  It would be really nice to have now, since I have so much time at home where I can play without anyone having to listen except dogburts.

----

In dogburt-related news, Toby still really needs a haircut.  We should probably get on that before we leave for London.



---
Speaking of London, things are falling into place!  We have a travel date!  And someone to take care of the dogburts!

I spent some time yesterday with my friend, Brittany, who has been to Great Britain, and she gave me ALL KINDS of information and suggestions on what to/ what not to see/do!  It was such a blessing.  Thanks Brittany!



She also told me about this website.   I found this list of slang that is very good to know.  I'd hate to say anything awkward (because I never do that).

3 comments:

  1. First of all Mindy does yell at you for that and it makes me laugh. Second, I love that song too. I love Christina's voice and this is a different side of it that we don't get to hear a lot- softer and prettier. Third, please tell me you will still be blogging in London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Alicia! I will DEFINITELY be blogging in London!

    ReplyDelete