Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Link-tastic

I'm taking an online class this semester (maybe it is mostly so I can start getting student discounts).  This is the first class I've taken at the community college, and my adviser was kind of new to advising soooo...I got registered for the wrong class.  Not to worry!  Big Time Timmy Jim realized it before it was too late, and I was able to straighten things out.  I'm guessing its a combination of a lot of things (especially that I registered for the class at the last minute) but I had NO IDEA how to access the course until yesterday.  Aaaaand the class started a week ago.  And I missed an assignment.  It was only 10 points, but technically I have an F right now. All because I didn't have the right link. We're off to a great start!

I'm sure it will all work out in the end, but I would hate for this to happen to any of you.  So, I'm going to share some links with you that you don't need at all.  But, they're kind of fun.


---

First of all, my friend Susie has a blog.


mommy
source



You should probably check it out.  Especially if you're into healthy eating, running, or SNL references.  She's great about being healthy without being judgy.  Also, she's a lot of fun! (Side note: she may or may not be in the Olympics someday).

---

Our friend, Steve, likes orange and chocolate flavors together. When my friend, Joy the Baker (who doesn't even know I exist) pointed out this recipe, the natural thing to do was make it for Steve.


IMG_4393
source


You should know this by now...I love Joy the Baker!  Her recipes are delicious.  However... she lives in LA.  At sea level. I live at an elevation of approximately 924 feet above sea level (according to Wikipedia).  This is apparently enough to make a difference in baking times, especially larger/ thicker item.  Also, maybe I whipped it a little too good, because I was dubious the batter would even fit in my loaf pan.  It did, but there was a bit of an overflow during baking.  She does offer an adjusted baking time and recommends covering with foil for part of it, which I did, but things still got a little too dark.  The inside was delicious, though!  I don't know what the solution is, other than to maybe bake it in a cake pan instead of a loaf pan.

---

If you like to draw or do artsy stuffs, here is a simple tutorial Tim found on how to draw a sheep.

---

I stumbled across Londonist, a website that has news and things to do.  I will probably be signing up for their daily emails once I'm across the pond.  If you keep an eye on London news over the next couple of months, you might see a headline like 

RANDOM AMERICAN GIRL BECOMES FAMOUS FOR NO APPARENT REASON
"...when asked what she will do with her new-found fame, Stephanie indicated she only ever wanted to be famous for one reason---to be on Dancing with the Stars..."

I'm  just sayin'...it could maybe happen.

---

Aaaaand... could I have a link-tastic blog post without a Dancing with the Stars video?

Of course not.

In case you missed it, here's Amber and Derek's winning Freestyle routine.




Since we're on the topic of Dancing with the Stars, what do you think about next season? (I'm assuming there will be a next season).  Will Derek come back?  What stars would you like to see?  I think it's about time a blogger made it on the show...probably Joy the Baker.  Also, I would love, love, LOVE to see Zooey Deschanel.  She and Tristan would be such a fun pair!

1 comment:

  1. I don't watch Dancing with the Stars but I would if Zooey Deschanel was on it!

    ReplyDelete