Friday, January 17, 2014

Pinky and the Brain

I'm going to be honest with you... at this stage in the game, I really thought I would have a blog post for you on "tips for beating the winter blues."  I mean, I quit my job, the holidays are over, and it's January.  In the past, January alone was enough to get me down.  Add to that the fact that Tim and I are sharing a car, which should leave me "isolated" and you have a recipe for a seasonal affective disaster.  Right?

I though I would be telling you about how I'm being intentional about spending time with friends so I don't isolate, eating citrus fruit because it's good for you and the smells are supposed to be energizing and boost mood, how I try to get outside and get some sunshine every day, and how I am burying myself in God's Word for a steady dose of Truth.

The reality is, I don't feel depressed at all!  I'm not being "intentional" about spending time with my friends, I'm just letting it happen.  When they ask me to do something, I say "yes." I'm not isolated, because some days I take Tim to work so I can have the car, and when I don't, my friends come over here.  I am eating citrus, because it's delicious (and I can almost feel the vitamins entering my body).  And of course I'm spending time in God's Word, because I always do.  It's just nice that life has slowed down a little to help me hear what God's saying.

What I am saying is... thank you, Lord!  I was so worried about taking care of myself, but I learned that if I just back of and let Him, HE will take care of me.

So, since I don't have that blog post to write, I was going to have an awesome post for you about a miracle stain-removing potion for your laundry.  I spent some time yesterday taking pictures, spraying, and washing.  And...it turned out to not be such a miracle.  So no post there, either.

Guess what that leaves us with?  You guessed it-- The Dogburts!




They're dogs, so of course they have a "pecking order" (I don't know what the dog-appropriate term for this is), and Jynx is the alpha.  Tico was the alpha when it was just him and Toby, so he's kind of the second-ranking officer.



Sometimes I wonder, though.  Maybe Toby's actually in charge.  Maybe they have us all fooled.  Despite Jynx's barks and growls of direction, maybe Toby is the silent boss behind it all.  Kind of like a mob boss.



When I see them getting along like this--sharing a blanket, and being all...close-- it warms my heart.



But then I get nervous.  Very, very nervous.  What are they plotting together, in their own, silent dog-language?  A world takeover, a la Pinky and the Brain? This summer I read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and it did nothing to calm my fears.


I just hope that if world domination is in their future, that they remember who fed them, cleaned up after them, and gave them soft, fluffy blankets.

No comments:

Post a Comment