Saturday, November 12, 2011

while he's away

Tim just got back from two weeks in London.  I will write a longer post a little later about how I "survive" while he's gone, but one of my tactics this time around was to set some goals for myself to give me something to focus on.  Here were my goals and how I did on each one:



  • clean my house (and keep it clean!)-"Clean" is a subjective word...the house is definitely cleaner than when he left, and I feel ok with it.  So I would say I accomplished this one.
  • close down the garden for the winter-Nope.
  • build raised beds and fill them with compost-Katie and I DID build a raised bed!!! All by ourselves   And no one got hurt, and I did use power tools without stripping any screws or splitting any wood!  Win!
  • 12 workouts-I got 8 done.  But that's ok because...
  • lose 4 pounds-3.6!!!!This is way better than I expected.  
  • spend as little money as possible-I didn't do too  bad.
  • have a girls' night-Anne and I had a sleepover and watched  Love Actually, so that counts
  • get to bed on time (lights out before 11)- Major.  Fail.  I don't think I did this even once.
  • give Jynx a bath and trim-Bath: yes.  Trim: no. After watching the instructional video, the trim is definitely a two-person job.
I am very glad to have my hubby back.  Hopefully I can get him to write a post about London and share some of the pictures he took.

No comments:

Post a Comment