Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Aprons for my Sibs

Short Story: I made aprons for my sisters and brother.

Long Story: My siblings and I exchange birthday presents once a year, some time when we are all together.  In 2012, that was Thanksgiving.  Mandy had asked for an apron, and I was into sewing at the time.  We exchanged gifts, and I told her I would also make an apron for her.  I asked Sven and Kelly if they wanted one too, and they said "Yes!"  I may have indicated that I would get on that after I returned from Honduras.

In September of 2013, I was talking to Sven, and he was like "Hey Steph.  Remember how  you were going to make us aprons? When are we going to be getting those?" and I was like "Maybe Christmas, but I make no promises..."

After Thanksgiving 2013, I decided I should probably order some fabric (this may or may not have been prompted by a 50% off  a regular price item coupon from JoAnn's).  The problem with those coupons, is that you get them when EVERYTHING is on sale.  So I picked out fabrics for my sisters, and then tried to think about what to do for Sven.  Then, I saw IT.  And I ordered it.  (If you were concerned, I decided to back all of the aprons in the same fabric, so I used the coupon on that).  

Two weeks later, my order still had not arrived.  Finally, the day before we were going to leave for my family's for Christmas, it arrived... good thing I didn't promise them before Christmas!  Our 2013 birthday gift exchange included more promises of aprons coming---"I even have the fabric, and I'm SO EXCITED  about it!"

I forced them to agree that they would not open their packages until they all had them and could open them at the same time on a Google hangout.

That happened last week, so I can finally show them to you!


  

  



  

Let's play a game!  Guess who's is who's. (Is that proper grammar?) Check back Friday for the answers!

2 comments:

  1. Chevron - Kelly, Dots - Mandy, Moustache -Sven (I was originally thinking it was obvious this would be Sven's, but maybe not...)

    Will just have to wait and see how I did...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd just like to say that I like mine the best. And I got chocolate on it before I even used it. It's well loved already. ;)

    ReplyDelete