Thursday, December 13, 2012

checking in

Since Pumpkin Week drug on ad-nauseum, you faithful blog-readers missed out on a few important things!  Like Thanksgiving.  And this little party we threw my parents.



Thanksgiving was all-around fabulous.  Sven and I accidentally dressed like twinkies, so of course we had to take pictures.




The party was great, and we had a TON of food leftover.  Not that any of us were complaining.  We are so grateful to everyone who made it out to the party.  Thanks for coming, guys!





Lately we've been busy scrubbing wallpaper paste and painting our living room.  Remember how we started that project way back when?  Yeah, we're finally gettin' her done.



The "scaffolding Tim is on is a plank of wood c-clamped to two ladders.  Does it get much safer than this? #BTTJDNMA



True to form, Anthony is amazing and spent his Saturday scrubbing wallpaper paste.  That kid... seriously.  Single ladies, if you're looking for a quality guy, look no further.  He even makes his own vanilla extract.  Just sayin.'

In other news, last night Mindy and I went to the quilt store because they were having a 12/12/12 sale.  Buy 12 fat quarters, get 12 free.  Yes, that's 24 fat quarters.  Yes, I took them up on the deal.  Then (after running-lo- on-gas escapades) we wandered around JCPenney's, Younkers, Maurices, and Payless, being thoroughly frightened at the selection offered (seriously... it should be illegal to even make some of those clothes.  "Speaking of illegal...have you ever done anything illegal?  This one time, I stole a pair of red panties.  My mom said I couldn't have them.  She said they were Satan's panties."*)

After all of our meandering, Mindy talked me into getting these shoes.  They're purple.  They're awesome.  They're my Stephanie Plum shoes.

Womens FioniWomen's Kutzie Knot Pump


Stephanie Plum is my guilty pleasure.  If you aren't familiar with Stephanie Plum, well... you should watch One for the Money.  And maybe read the books IN ORDER.   But remember... there's a reason she's my guilty pleasure.

In a strange twist of fate, I almost drove the mini-bus to Kmart today, but didn't because we figured we could get the stuff into the pick-up, but didn't because we figured we could get the stuff into my car.  And we did.  And by we, I mean Mindy, Alicia, and me.  Also, I was able to fit Mindy and Alicia in the car, and in another strange twist of fate, I ended up back at Maurcies and Payless.  But don't worry, I didn't buy anything.

All in all, its been a very spontaneous week for me.  How bout you?

* Movie quote... 10 points to the first person to name the movie!

4 comments:

  1. Ahh! I successfully posted!! This has never happened before!!! I'm so excited!!!! More exclamation points!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim seems to be learning safety techniques from his shoe, Tooltime

    ReplyDelete
  3. *show...though his shoe might also have more intelligent safety practices in mind

    ReplyDelete