Monday, October 24, 2011

since we've been gone

I can understand if you didn't notice I was gone, because I'm not super-regular at keeping up with this blog-thing.  

But we've been gone.  For a week, in fact.  



While we were gone, I took this picture.  Can you guess where it is?



One of my top 5 favorite places in the world... Hilton Head Island, SC.  My very generous parents took us all on a vacation to one of our favorite family vacation destinations.  And it was wonderful.  While we were gone we also...

drove through St. Louis, Nashville, Chanttanooga, Atlanta, and Savannah
rode bikes for miles and miles
spent 3 days playing on the beach
built two sandcastles
worked on a scavenger hunt
ate amazing food (made by my family and also at restaurants)
played lots of games
read books
found hidden treasure
got sunburned
went bowling
went shopping
watched the World Series
stayed up late
slept in late
had lots of fun
made lots of memories
crossed the 200,000 mile mark with our car

I will share more pictures and details when I get my act together.  



Thanks, Mom and Dad, for a great vacation!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like soooo much fun! You ALL needed this little vacation and what better way to spend it than with family! I can't wait to see all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete