Sunday, September 18, 2011

Wild Rice Soup

Let me tell you what's been happening around here.

  • Wednesday I went to Walgreens and purchased kleenex, cough drops, and NyQuil.  Because we needed those things.
  • I covered the garden this week.
  • I put these boots on.   They're not coming off until April.  (well, I might take them off for a week in October when we go to Hilton Head!)


  • We built fires the last two nights for two very important reasons:
  1. we wanted to
  2. we are too cheap to turn on the heat


Here's the point: now, more than ever, is a time for soup.

Once again, this one is from the amazing and talented Laura.  Thanks Laura!

WILD RICE SOUP
  • 1/2 c wild rice (Uncle Ben's with seasonings)
  • 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
  • 1 can chicken broth
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese
  • 1/3 cup shredded carrot
  • 1/2 cup celery
  • 1 package Hidden Valley Original Ranch dressing mix
Cook rice according to package directions to make 1 1/2 cups cooked rice.  Stir all ingredients in dutch oven or crock pot, simmer 15 minutes.  Top with chopped green onions to serve.


NOTES:  As a general rule, I don't believe in celery, so I left it out.  You can really load this with veggies-- we added green beans and onions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment