Saturday, February 12, 2011

Garden Plans

Holy jam!  Its the middle of February already!  Where did the time go?  It's seed starting season, and I need to get busy.


Here is what I am thinking I will plant this year:
  • broccoli
  • cauliflower
  • cabbage
  • roma tomatoes
  • green chiles
  • jalapeños
  • bell peppers
  • sweet potatoes
  • potatoes
  • onions
  • cucumbers
  • lettuce
  • cilantro
  • dill
  • rosemary

And this is as far as I have gotten:


I'm trying to sprout sweet potatoes.  After I read this article about growing sweet potatoes, I decided to try.  Except I will do them in the tubs I had the strawberries in instead of bags.  My plan is to move the strawberries into the ground this year so that maybe I can actually get some berries.

I think I'm going to go start some broccoli seeds.  When Tim makes one of his trips to Menards I will have him pick up some cauliflower and cabbage seeds, too.

Is anyone else starting to catch spring fever?

1 comment: