Sunday, July 18, 2010

My New Favorite

As we continue the egg saga we move on to my favorite egg dish yet: homemade pudding.  I don't recall ever having pudding from scratch before, although I had heard it was pretty good.  I always buy it in a box and mix it up with milk, and thought that was quite tasty, so I could hardly imagine that "from scratch" was such an improvement that it was worth the extra time, effort, and patience.


Having tasted it, let me assure you, it is SO worth it! Tim is the real pudding fiend at our house, so I thought it would be appropriate for him to do most of the grunt work.

Here he is, hard at work, wisking away.

Action Shot

Finished Product!  
Well, almost.  Its good warm like this, but we covered it in plastic wrap and chilled it several hours...then ate it for breakfast :)  Its meals like that that make us love the fact that we're just dinkin' around. You really shouldn't let children eat like that, and if you have children, you really shouldn't eat like that in front of them...for a meal.  Wait until they take a nap or go to bed.  But we can do it whenever we want, because its just us and the Jynxer.  We like to enjoy these moment while we have them.

But back to the pudding...once again, the recipe was from good old "Betty Crocker."  We've made it again, because it was so good.   I used the whites from the latest batch to make spinach quiche.  I think I might save up the rest of my eggs for more pudding!

1 comment:

  1. THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE for homemade pudding. And good for you for eating it for breakfast:) Once you have tasted it, you can't go back to the box!

    ReplyDelete