Monday, March 3, 2014

Monday Things

We didn't know what we were going to do this weekend, but we knew we had to do at least one thing:

laundry

It didn't end up happening.  Well... it did and it didn't.  Clothes were washed in the bathtub.  I can neither confirm nor deny that we frantically attempted to dry some wet laundry with a hairdryer.  And maybe it didn't work so well.



Needless to say, we'll be hanging out at the laundromat tonight.

---

Our Do Not Disturb sign mysteriously disappeared last night.  There was a VERY LARGE group of teenie-boppers that came into the hotel with us last night.  I'm not pointing any fingers, but...


---

I've been watching A LOT of Food Network.  Mostly this means Barefoot Contessa. Here are some things I have to say about Ina Garden:

  • She cooks a lot of lamb.
  • At first I thought she had a lot of friends, but then I realized that she has the same friends over  a lot.
  • Who is my friend that will do tablescapes when I cook? (ok, that's about me, not Ina)

I could totally have my own cooking show.  The only thing I need is recipes.  And a studio kitchen.  No big deal.

In the evenings, its a lot of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.  This really makes me want to open my own restaurant.  Like, really really.  Blessy joked that we should open a bread and curry shop.  I've maybe taken that idea a little too seriously, and done waaay too much brainstorming.

On the weekends, it's Ace of Cakes.  This DOES NOT in any way shape or form make me want to open a cake shop.  I have no desire whatsoever to decorate cakes.  Or cupcakes.  Or cookies.  Or any food.  Let me make a list of the Top 5 most stressful jobs according to Stephanie (in reverse alphabetical order):

  • Soldier
  • President/ Prime-Minister of any country
  • Judge
  • Doctor/Surgeon
  • Cake Decorator

I think we can all agree that if I worked at Duff's bakery, I would be Mary Alice.

---

I can't watch dog food commercials without saying "Awwwwww...dogburts!"  I kinda miss the crazies...

No comments:

Post a Comment