Sunday, November 17, 2013

Real Life with the Taylors: Tim Bakes Cookies

Tonight we came home from church around 6:45, I started putting away the chili we had for lunch.  Tim came in and I explained that I wanted popcorn (I needed the chili pan to make the popcorn).

"How about chocolate chip cookies?" he asked.  (I had a box of cookie mix that I won as a white elephant gift at Bunco on Tuesday).

"We can do both."  I said.

So we did.  He pre-heated the oven while I washed the pan for the popcorn.  The instructions on the box said to add a tablespoon of water, which I think he did.  I said I would have added a tablespoon of vanilla.  So he did that, too.  Then he tasted the cookie dough, closed his eyes, and said "Mmmm.  I think we've made a mistake."

"What?" 

"We preheated the oven."





Tim definitely prefers the dough to the baked cookies, so I was suprised he had actually preheated the oven.  After some discussion, we decided to bake some of the cookies.

Tim: So how do you go about baking cookies anyway?

Me: You start by getting out a cookie sheet....

He decided to try a little experiment to get thicker cookies.




I said they looked like cookie-dough ghosts.  Then he made a cookidough Tree Ent.




Then we baked them.  For the record, they are delicious.  So was the popcorn (I'm picking it out of my teeth as we speak).




In other news, the dogs are still winning the Odor War.  I don't think there have been any new messes, but you can still smell thier past sins.  But I think things are better.  At least that's what I'm telling myself.  The next step is to call in the professionals.  We figured they were worth a try, since that should still be cheaper than buying new carpet.  I'll let you know when/ if that happens.

Also, last week Tim was in London.  Autumn came to babysit me and make sure I didn't get scared at night, and we partied pretty hard.  Tim had a good time and so did I.  On Thursday night Autumn and I went over to Blessy's, and I taught Blessy how to make bread, and she taught me how to make egg curry.  It was SO GOOD.  Recipe coming soon!



Here's the question of the day: Do you prefer the cookies before they are baked or after?  Leave a comment and let us know!

3 comments:

  1. Justin is definitely an After.
    I pick Both!! Although if I really have to pick, I would say After. There is nothing like a hot cookie out of the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apple definately does not fall far from the tree.! :) That's my boy....I thoroughly enjoyed this blog and laughed hysterically as I read. I can so picture and hear this conversation happening--especially making the mistake! lol I love you guys dearly!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kelly - nothing better...except COOKIE DOUGH!

    @Mom - I remember chowing thru all sorts of frozen cookie dough as a kid. Good times.

    ReplyDelete