Thursday, August 8, 2013

summer salads and songs

You may or may not know this about me but... I'm kind of a health nut.  So while I sit here and drink my milkshake after a dinner of pasta and cheesy bread sticks and wonder why I gained 2 pounds this week,  I'll share with you some awesome salads I've found, tried, and loved.  You will probably notice that they are all from two of my favorite ladies in the world of the wide webz.



TPW_4112
Photo Credit
Grilled Chicken Salad with Feta, Fresh Corn, and Blueberries by Pioneer Woman.  I'm not the world's biggest fan of blueberries, but this salad is seriously delicious!  We're in peak sweet corn season, so make it now.



IMG_7308
Photo Credit
Kale and Cherry Cashew Salad by Joy the Baker.  I made this for lunches one day and Tim came home and told me he really liked it.  It is so good.  But anything with dried cherries is good.  Also, if you're not sure about kale... try it.  Its really not as offensive as it may look.  I love the stuff.  I really need to get seeds and try to grow it in my garden.


REE_9839
Photo Credit
Ginger Steak Salad by Pioneer Woman.  I am blessed to be married to a man that will eat salad for dinner and like it.  He LOVES this salad.  The dressing is amazing.


IMG_9834
Tomato and Peach Salad with Buttered Bread and Pistachios

Joy the Baker is so creative.  Where does she come up with this stuff?  I don't know, but I'm glad she does.  The buttered bread in this salad is so good.


TPW_6353
Photo Credit
If you're in the mood for something protein-packed, the topping for Pioneer Woman's Make Ahead Muffin Melts is an AWESOME egg salad.  Again, Tim loves it.  So do it.  It's delicious by itself or broiled on an English Muffin like the recipe says.


IMG_1607
Photo Credit

This isn't really a salad, and I haven't made it, but it is a food I really want to try.  Soon. Given my love for kale and Joy the Baker, this is probably a winning combination. Crunchy Kale and Coconut Bowl.

And that's it for you healthy food inspiration.


Just for fun, I thought I would share this video with you.


I love this song... I always turn it up when it comes on the radio, and the video's a lot of fun, too.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment