Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Raspberries, Herbs, and Other Exciting Things

A few weeks ago when I planted my garden, I did another little project using these little buckets I got at Ikea.  I think the pictures are pretty self-explanatory, so here you go.







And there you have it.  Herb pots.  (left to right: dill, cilantro, parsely).  I put my birthday flower from Kaden (more on that later this week) in the other one for the time being.

Also: I would recommend wetting the soil before you plant the seeds.  It may or may not be a good idea...I'm no expert, but if we're honest, things have been looking a little parched as of late.

Now for the "Other Exciting Things."

Tim finished his big project at work.  And he is on vacation all week.  And he's gettin' stuff done.  (Big-Time-Timmy-Jim does not mess around) This is the current state of The White Board.


Aren't we so organized?!  Check out those lists!  I live by lists.  The White Board is good for Stephanie lists, because when Stephanie writes lists on pieces of paper, she loses those pieces of paper.  I don't think I'm going to lose The White Board.  And if I do, we've got a bigger problem then just some missing lists.

Now for more exciting news.

Can you see what's written on the 25th-27th?  I will tell you.  It says "Mom!  Mom!  Mom!"  This is because MY MOMMY IS COMING THIS WEEKEND.  And the girl was very, very excited.  I have two main themes planned for our time together.

1. Shopping
2. Raspberries

First of all, Mom is probably still my number one shopping partner in crime.  Anne and Tim are getting pretty close up there, but Mom and I have a long history.  It's just what Mom and I do together.

Remember last summer when mom gave me two ginormous bags of raspberries?  And I used one and did Raspberry Fortnight? And I told her if she came to visit me I would make her a raspberry pie?

Well, she's coming, so I'm making a pie.  Which means I once again have a bunch of berries to reckon with.  As soon as Mom sent me her flight itinerary last weekend, I pulled them out of the freezer.

Here is the current state of things.


Last night I had to drain off some juice so it didn't over flow, so in addition to the bowl above, we have this here juice.


Of course I will keep you posted on what I do with the Raspberry Excess, but I make no promises about the timeliness of recipe postage.  Ideas include (but are not limited to):

Raspberry Lemonade
Raspberry Sherbet
Raspberry Oat Bars
Raspberry Jam
Raspberry Mile High
Raspberry Pie (OB-viously)

We'll see what happens.

The final bit of exciting news is (drum roll please)....

The Sewing Project.

Is.

Finished.

As in "outta-my-house-outta-my-life-and-I-couldn't-be-happier."

But you're gonna have to wait on that one too :)

1 comment:

  1. Have a great time with your mom! Sounds like some yummy raspberry consumption going on there. Love the "outta my house outta my life" line. I think some of my lingering projects (and even supplies for projects I'm never gonna get around to) need to go into this category via my trash can. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete