Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Life of the Married & Childless

In the past few months I have come to realize that all of the married cousins on my dad's side of the family have blogs... except me.  This prompted me to consider starting my own blog, but I held back because I didn't have cute kids to write about and post adorable pictures of.  So I started to think of what I could write about, and I said to myself, "Self... you could write about not having kids." Since we are at that point in life that so many people are frequently jealous of-- Dual Income No Kids (DINK)-- I will write about that.  Through the counsel of many wise people, we have decided to make the most of this part of our lives, taking advantage of resources such as time, money, and energy that we will not have so much of when we have kids, so we will blog about our adventures while childless.



Now, don't get us wrong... there is nothing wrong with having kids.  In fact, we someday hope to have such treasures running around as well.  But we have a few other things to deal with before we get there... such as the 100 year old house we just purchased.  Also, to put the DI in DINK, we both work full time-- Tim here in town, and I 40 minutes away in the middle of nowhere.  Also, we are in a (not so) small group of young adults from church that we love to hang out with every week, Tim helps with sounds/technology ministry at church, and I co-teach 5th and 6th grade Sunday school.  


So for all of you parents out there, I hope this blog either encourages you to hang in there until the empty nest stage, or maybe we will remind you that life  wasn't so exciting before you have kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment