Thursday, September 19, 2013

Real Life with the Taylors: Mud and The Crud

We're keeping tonight's episode of Real Life with the Taylors short and sweet, because we're working hard to get ready for a marriage conference at church this weekend.  Also, I've got The Crud and I'm not feeling terribly inspired.




First up, this is our side entryway.  This picture does not do justice to the mud and dirt that is constantly (CONSTANTLY) on the steps, landing, and mat. A week ago I had this swept and mopped and looking good.  I don't know why I even bother.  The stairs that go off to the left down to the basement have multiple spider webs that I can't seem to bother with vacuuming.





As I mentioned, we have a marriage conference at church tomorrow night and Saturday.  Tim is in charge of running sound and video.  Since it is entirely a video series, he's got a lot of responsibility.  Also, we are in charge of making up a playlist to play during breaks.  This was a lot of fun, but now he is frantically trying to buy the songs and its not going very quickly.

I'm in charge of creating a photo booth.  I'm working on some props, and slowly (oh so slowly) downloading a trial of Photoshop elements to use to make photo strips.

Since it's a stormy night and I've got green stuff coming out of my nose (sorry... real life), mulled cider seemed like a good idea.  A ladle sounded overrated, so I just poured it straight from the pan into the mugs... and all over the stove.


I wiped up some of it, but not the stuff under the burner.  I can deal with that tomorrow Sunday.


Happy Christmas Spirit Day a little early/not early at all.  Christmas Spirit Day really does start in September.

One final real life moment: This is how I'm feeling.



And Toby being Toby...

Hope you're staying dry and celebrating the Spirit of Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Sister I love love love the last two pictures!!!! You are stinking adorable!! They made me laugh out loud and miss you terribly!! :)

    ReplyDelete