Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Lake Weekend

Last weekend, Sapphire took us up to her family friend's cabin on the lake.  Life has been pretty busy lately, so it was nice to get away and not really have to worry about doing anything.  My biggest concern for the weekend would be fitting in all of the lake activities I wanted to: swimming, fishing, walking, biking, playing board games, reading, and cooking.  And taking pictures of the gorgeous scenery.



Sapphire and I left Friday morning, so we had the afternoon and evening to enjoy the lake before the boys (Tim and his friend Anthony) arrived.  We didn't want to get too stressed out enjoying the sun, so we spent several hours on the dock reading and creating house rules for Blokus To Go.  (for the record, Blokus To Go requires vastly different strategy from Blokus.  Also, we definitely decided that our "snugggle rule" was the best house rule... so much less wasted space!).



As the sun was setting on Friday, I thought to myself "Self... you should go take pictures of the sunset.  Nah...there's always tomorrow."  Little did we know that would be the last of the sun we saw until we got home on Sunday.  It rained the rest of the weekend.  At least I didn't have to worry about getting in all of my activities... reading and games were about it for Saturday.  We did all decide to brave the rain and head down to the dock to watch Tim fish.  I held the umbrella and sang songs, Sapphire watched from under her umbrella, and Anthony stood in the rain and watched.  He did manage to catch 2 fish, and then Sapphire tried.  She was SO CLOSE to catching a fish, but they didn't want to come out of the water and get wet in the rain.



Additionally, I managed this nifty hair-do for Sapphire, and we cooked and ate a lot of good food.

It was a nice, relaxing weekend, but due to the rain, lighting was awful, so I didn't take many pictures.  For more pictures of the cabin, check out my re-cap from last time.

Now that our lake weekend is over, our trip to Wyoming is coming down the pike!  But not before a family wedding.  

What I'm trying to say is... I need to get in shape for Wyoming!  I hear there's a lot of hiking involved.  So I set a goal to walk 2 miles a day until the wedding, which means (starting yesterday) I had 24 miles to walk before the 22nd.  I'm pleased to report that number is now down to 20 miles.  Who wants to walk along with me?  I'll keep my countdown posted on the sidebar.

I would also like to announce that coming soon to a blog near you, is a recipe for chicken and noodles!  Get excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment