Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Mindy's Chicken and Noodles

If you're trying to "eat clean"...just walk on by.
If you're wanting to cook from scratch, this is not the recipe you're looking for.
If you have high blood pressure, kidney problems, or are limited your sodium intake for any other reason, read no further, and come back another day when I am back to gardening.

If you're looking for a super-yummy, comforting, easy, short-cut meal...WELCOME!

My roommate office mate, Mindy, made my day a few weeks ago by bringing me a bit of her leftover chicken and noodles.  Total.  Bliss.  To make matters worse better, she told me how to make them.  So I did.  And now I am spreading the joy to your home.


First you need ingredients:


Cheddar cheese, cheese soup, chicken, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth (in this case, bullion cubes), egg noodles.  Mindy swears by these noodles in the red bag in the freezer section (Aunt Vi's) and if there's one thing I do, its take orders from Mindy.


Shred yo cheez.


Shred yo chicken.



Add the noodles to the boiling chicken broth to get them all warmed up.  

What is that?
A bullion base.
God bless you.

(name that reference!)




Then add the soups and mix them in reeeealy well.




Add your cheese and mix and mix and mix while its melts away.  You should end up with a thick liquid that is so delicious you want to drink it with a straw.  DON'T drink it with a straw.




Add the chicken and stir until  heated through.



Serve on mashed potatoes.  Or not on mashed potatoes.  I love mashed potatoes, but to be honest, I found them to be a distraction from the chicken and noodles.

For those of you that like a recipe, here you go!

MINDY'S CHICKEN AND NOODLES

  • 1 bag of noodles
  • 5 cups chicken broth (I usually use 4 bullion cubes for 5 cups of water)
  • shredded chicken (as much or as little as you want)
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can cheddar cheese soup
  • 8 oz shredded cheddar


Bring the broth to a simmer.  Add the noodles to warm them up.  Stir in the soups until incorporated.  Stir in cheese until melted and incorporated.  Add the chicken and heat until warm.




Assuming you made it past the introduction to this recipe, I think this recipe will make your day!

ps- Thanks for hanging in there with me.  You guys are great!

1 comment:

  1. Looks tasty. Will have to try sometime. There's something about chicken & noodles that just feels like comfort food.

    ReplyDelete