Wednesday, August 15, 2012

recent recipes

I've been trying some new recipes lately, and it's lots of fun.  Here's what I've been up to.

(None of these pictures are mine... I think that will be obvious...be sure to check out the recipe links!)




I was pleased that (for once!) they turned out pretty much like they look in the picture.  That never happens for me!




I pinned this one because it had "taco" and "pasta" in the name.  And those are two of my favorite words.  It lived up to all the hype.  Ok, there was no hype, other than what I created, but even if there was a lot of hype it would have lived up.

I may or may not have added a jalapeno.

I could have added two more.

I think next time I will.

IMG_5621


Oh, Joy the Baker.  I'm so glad I met you.
And by "met you" I mean "found your blog."
Have you met Joy?  You should.  You really, really should.  She's absolutely fabulous.  And I want to be friends with her.  Unfortunately she's over there and I'm over here.
*Sigh.*

I love Joy the Baker...
a) Because she's awesome
b) Because she reminds me that I like to bake and cook
c) Because she makes it simple.  It doesn't have to be fussy.  And usually isn't as much work as I think it will be.  And it's so rewarding.


IMG_8962


It is so helpful when a recipe provides very specific instructions and directions on how to get light, flaky pastries.  That's what Joy does with this one.

But you know what really makes the difference?  Following those instructions.  It really helps!

I followed the instructions on this one.  And those dang scones turned out so light and tall and fluffy, I couldn't believe it.  I should have taken a picture for you.  Instead, I ate them.

Have you tried anything new and tasty lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment