Saturday, December 31, 2011

December in Review

Hi Kids!

I hope you all had a merry Christmas!  I did.  I got to go home and visit my family for a few days which was nice.  I did lots of sleeping and eating, as well as a few holiday traditions, not the least of which was the Isaacson Family Holiday Table Tennis Tournament.




As you can see, Tim was the champion, yet again.  Also, Kevan and Justin--boyfriends to Mandy and Kelly, respectively-- joined in on our holiday festivities as well.  It was fun to have you guys!

I know that everyone says this every year, but it's true, so I'm going to say it: December just flew by!!

This year, I feel part of the reason for me was the failing health and eventual passing of my Grandpa Isaacson.  Grandpa Delford was my last living grandparent, and a very kind and generous man.  Because of his faith in the Lord and salvation through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, I know that he is in a much better place now, worshiping at the feet of The Almighty.  But he is greatly missed, and his funeral was a very hard time.  The weekend before Christmas I did the hardest thing I have ever done and shared some thoughts and memories at my Grandpa's funeral.  I really don't like public speaking, but I had some things to say and wanted to honor my Grandpa.

Although it was a hard time, it was good to be with family and I have really been counting my blessings since then.  Although I have no living grandparents by blood, all 4 of Tim's grandparents are still alive and they are so very precious to me.  I am thankful that God has blessed me with such a huge, wonderful family-in-law!  It is a testament that God will give you what you need to do what He sets before you.  As God provides so many new and wonderful relationships for me, He also provides me with love to share with them!  Thank you, Taylors and Fochts for welcoming my into your families and giving me more people to love.  You are such a blessing!

I am also thankful for my own huge and wonderful family.  I am thankful that so many of them are believers in Christ and that although our time on earth is limited, we really have eternity together.  I am thankful for the legacy of generosity that my Grandpa modeled--every blessing that I have should be shared with others.  Many in my extended family have carried on this legacy as well, realizing that family is a blessing and opening their homes to others so they can experience family as well.

So, although the end of 2011 was sad for our family, I thank God for opening my eyes to see the blessings around me.  I hope to spend 2012 enjoying those blessings and sharing them with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment