Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Very Canine Christmas

I went to the farm fleet store on Monday to get some dog food.  We buy pretty expensive dog food, because it seems to be the only kind that the dogs can handle really well.  It costs a pretty penny, but when you have 3 dogs in one house, it is worth it to reduce...*ahem*..."dog fumes."



Apparently on Monday I was feeling like half a million dollars every other month wasn't enough money to be pouring into critters that do not have eternal souls, so I decided to buy them some Christmas presents.




On the left are some tennis balls I got for Jynx--Toby will have fun destroying them.  Since Toby is the senior dog, I thought I would be responsible and get him something he needs--"cleans teeth, fights tartar, freshens breath."  Those are mighty big claims, especially if you know Toby.  I'll let you know how they work.   And I got Tico some of his favorite treats.


As if gifts weren't enough, I decided that I needed stockings to put them in.  So Katie and I went to the Dollar Tree tonight and picked these out.  Go ahead... say it.  "Awwww... isn't that cute?"


They are empty right now for two reasons:


1) They are only held in place with thumbtacks and I do not feel confident that they can carry the load of the presents.


2) We are still on the fence about Santa for the dogs.  On the one hand, I feel bad for lying to my dogs.  On the other hand... they are dogs.  Any thoughts/ wisdom/ advice would be welcome.  Seasoned dog parents?  How do you handle this?


While we're on the topic of Christmas, here is our Christmas tree... tada!!




And (as a bonus) here are some pictures of the dogs, posing in The Dirtiest Place In Our House.  




Yes, I am ridiculous.  But ridiculous is fun.


Hope you're all enjoying the Christmas season as much as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment