Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cracker Dip

I know that is an extremely creative name for a recipe, but I was lucky to even get the recipe, so give me a break, ok?


My coworker, Debbie, was telling me about this recipe and she's like "Ok, it has bacon and cottage cheese, and some cream cheese, spinach..."  and I said "Wait!! Let me start writing it down!"  I grabbed a tiny slip of paper and started writing as she started reciting again.

"Bacon, cream cheese, cottage cheese.  Maybe some mayonnaise?  Maybe it doesn't have cottage cheese.  I think it's either cream cheese or cottage cheese.  Hang on, let me see if John's home.  I know right where the recipe is, and he can read it to me."  (dials John) "Hey!  Are you at home?  Ok, remember that cracker dip we tried with the spinach and stuff in it?  The spinach.  It was creamy... well, anyway, the recipe was in that magazine, I put it in the top right drawer in the island.  Do you see it?  Ok, good! What does it say?

1/4 c bacon crumbled
2 T horseradish (more or less to taste)
2 T chopped fresh onions
1 1/2 c shredded sharp cheese
1 c light sour cream

Serve with Wheat Thins for dipping.

Ok, thanks Hon!  Talk to you later!"

Me: So there is no cream cheese or cottage cheese?
Debbie: No, I guess not, just sour cream.
Me: And there is no spinach?
Debbie: No.
Me: Ok, thanks, it sounds really good.
Debbie: Oh my gosh it is!  You have to try it.


I took Debbie's word and I tried it.  SO GOOD.  You should try it, too.

Thanks Debbie!

No comments:

Post a Comment