Sunday, May 16, 2010

Plants & Transplants

God has blessed me with many wonderful co-workers that bless me with many wonderful plants.


Char gave me a beautiful pot of Gerbera daisies for my birthday, dug up some of her hostas so I could have some greenery in my fully shaded lawn, and even picked up some beautiful caladiums to match my daisies!  What a gal!



Here are some pictures of the caladium plants (they looked better when I first acquired them... hopefully they will take off now that they are in the ground):






And I think this is my favorite of the 3 hosta varieties Char gave me:


Then Linda was kind enough to give me some of her mint plant.  Unfortunately, it hasn't been very happy in its new home, as you can see below:



I even put a tomato cage around it!  I'm trying not to take that personally, because I thought mint grew like weeds, but Linda says that her patch isn't looking so hot either.  According to Gayla's book (Grow Great Grub)  you can just "cut a nick" and stick it in water for it to start roots, so that's what I did.



We shall see.  I just need to remember it's God who grows things.



No comments:

Post a Comment