Sunday, May 16, 2010

Garden Update

I was thinking that about this time I would be able to post an update on my garden, explaining how fast everything is growing and post a nice picture of lush, green plants.  Unfortunately, here is my garden update:


Nothin's happenin'.

Tim says that things are growing, any maybe its because I check it every day so I don't notice the change as much, but it really feels like nothing is growing.  However, I (finally) planted my tomatoes and peppers on Friday, and while I was digging found several big, fat worms, so that was good news.  That means there might be something decent in the soil, and all of those worm castings can help increase the amount of nitrogen infinitely (because nothing to something is an infinite increase).  And I did notice that one of the onion sets I planted had sprouted, so maybe something is happening.  I just need to repeat my gardening mantra...It's God that grows things.

However, there is another update worth posting pictures of.  Jynx was becoming quite a mangy little critter, with dirty, matted fir so we decided it was time for her summer cut.  The night before we took her to the groomer, Katie and I took her for a walk in the rain.  So here is the pathetic and miserable before picture:


And now here she is after her "nose to tail trim" (including her ears):


Oh!  So that's what she really looks like!  Who knew her ears were so small?  She can sniff the ground without them dragging in the dirt!  At first she wasn't sure about her new do (especially since it happened on one of the coldest days in a long time) but I think she's enjoying it now a little more that its warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment