Sunday, June 29, 2014

(comes up for air)

Hi.

I'm back.

Remember me?  I was in England for three months.  Then I came back.  Then life was all like...whoa.  I think we last left off at the part where I came home from England to live with Sapphire at my house. Tim was still in England, and I was about to start classes.  Then Sapphire (being the pal that she is) filled in and wrote this here guest post.  If you haven't read it out yet, you should.  Leave her a comment!

So, here's what I've been up to for the last 6 weeks.


School

In a major kind of way.  I was taking the Anatomy & Physiology I at school, and Nutrition online.  Both were semester classes (usually 12 weeks) crammed into 6 weeks.  It was a lot of work, but I'm glad to say, that I loved it.  So much. I know that I've got a lot of school ahead of me, and I'm sure my feelings may change, but so far I'm loving being back in school.  

First day of school, with my "pack-pack"

I was getting a little tired and burnt out toward the end of my classes, but I still loved the subject matter.  School has been kind of all-consuming for the last 6 weeks, not leaving much room for fun stuff.  I did fit in some fun stuff and caught up with a lot of friends, but this has all been a MAJOR life change from my time in England, so I've been pretty easily overwhelmed.

Tim is Home!

I announced it on Facebook, but it didn't make it onto the blog.  Tim made it home safe and sound, and I'm so happy to have him back.  He's been diving right into home projects and car repairs.  I think the time away was refreshing for him, because he seems to be enjoying these tasks again.

I got a job

At a department store at the mall.  I've been working there for a week.  So far so good.  It should be a good part-time job while I'm in school.


I didn't watch this in England, but Sapphire got me hooked when I came home, and I LOVE IT! So funny!  So British!  Sapphire and I quote it all the time.  We would use it as incentive for me to study and do my homework.  I think the laughing really helped the course content sink into my brain :)

Sapphire and Tico watching Miranda with me


Plumbing

Sometimes our kitchen sink leaks.  Since I'm and independent woman, I fix it myself.  With Tim on the phone and Sapphire sitting next to me for moral support.



Carpet Cleaning


Sapphire and I had one last desperate attempt at cleaning the carpet and carpet pad from the living room.  We drug them outside, soaked them in a vinegar solution, then let them dry in the sun, because UV rays help break down the enzymes.  We brought them back in and...they still smell like dogs. 

Dogs

All ready to got to the bike trail for a walk!  Toby is the fluffiness between sapphire and Tico.

Jynx is as sassy as ever.  



Tico's still a baby.  



And Toby's just as sweet as ever.  Every time he looks at me, I feel like he's saying "Mom... do I still have the sweetest face in the world?"  Yes Toby.  Yes you do.



So what now?  I was done with my classes on Thursday and don't start again until August.  I stayed with my friend's kids this weekend while she and her husband went away for the weekend to celebrate their anniversary.  We had lots of fun and even made it to the pool.   My in-laws come to visit on Tuesday (yay!!!!!) and we've got some other fun plans in the weeks ahead.  My summer is off to a good start!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you fix your sink wearing pearl earrings. Classy.

    ReplyDelete