Monday, December 9, 2013

Freezing!

I have a lot to say today.  Bullet points seem are probably the only way to get this done.  In no particular order, here you go:
  • A few of my friends and family who are faithful readers of this blog have mentioned the difficulty in leaving comments on the blog.  I have changed some settings, so I think it should be easier.  So leave a comment and let me know!
  • It.  Is.  Freezing outside.  FREEZING!  The bank I pass on the way to work told me it was "-0" degrees outside.  The interwebz is telling me that it is -6 out (update!  it is now -5.1 degrees outside), with a windchill of -22.  I would like to build a fire in the fireplace, but the idea of opening the door to get fire wood seems counter-productive to the warming effect of the fire.
  • Before Thanksgiving, I went to visit Sapphire for her birthday, and we went to watch Living History Farms Race.  We had decided not to run it this year, and it turns out it was a great year to skip.  With temps in the teens, running 7 miles through  the river and through the woods would not have been fun.  


  • Watching the first few finishers, I learned that snot-cicles are a very real thing.  Also, beard frost.  And head frost if you're bald and don't wear a hat.  Also the trail was kind of icy... and dicey.  We definitely watched a girl break her ankle.  I'm no orthopedic surgeon, but I'm pretty sure an foot is not supposed to dangle at the angle it was dangling at.  Yikes.  I can't remember how many times I said to Sapphire "How did you ever talk me into running this race?  And don't think you ever will talk me into it again!"
  • After the obligatory stop at Krispy Kreme (I've got to take advantage of the Big City when I'm there!), Sapphire and I went to visit Leah.  And it was great fun.  I have really great friends.
  • Thanksgiving was a blast!  I think I've mentioned this a time or two, but my in-laws are wonderful and amazing!  And I love them.  Us girls went to see Frozen, and it was SO GREAT!  One of the main characters is Anna (pronounced the same way my as my sister-in-law's name), and about 15 minutes into the movie I turned to Anna and said "Who followed you around your entire life and modeled the character after you?!" It was so much like Anna it was almost scary.  But also hilarious, because they are both hilarious.
  • There is also a character named Sven, who may or may not be like my brother.  But my brother isn't a raindeer.  Or a sidekick, really.  But he is pretty great.
  • Who has a Hello Kitty swimsuit and is obsessed with Tim's beard?  This girl. 


Periodically I get texts from Mindy saying "Jordyn wants to know how long Tim's beard is now." His beard is this long now, Jordyn.



  • Speaking of Jordyn, I'm about due for another interview with her and her brother!  Mindy-- we had better get on that!
  • Speaking of Anna, she's selling earrings to raise money for her (quickly approaching) trip to Bolivia.  Check them out... they are really cute!  I bought some.
 
  • I baked a bunch of Christmas cookies yesterday!  More on that later this week!

  • I still owe you an egg curry recipe!  More on that later this week!
  • We're fixing our car again!  More on that later this week!

  • Speaking of thankful, thank you so much for reading this blog.  Thank you for your comments (both written and in-person) and the encouragement you give me.  Thanks for letting me know that you read and enjoy this blog.  I appreciate you guys so much!


3 comments:

  1. fast moving dog running into floor jacks could possibly end badly - Alan T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, I'm leaving you a comment to see how much easier it is. Also, I like the bullet point blog entries; so much info in a short amount of time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, Alan-- Jynx wasn't moving that fast, it was just low lighting so any movement gets blurred.

    ReplyDelete